FlatWorld Announces Upcoming College Textbook Titles
Publisher to release affordable, peer-reviewed textbooks across academic subjects in 2020
December 3, 2019 — FlatWorld, a digital-first publisher of award-winning college learning materials that are both affordable and high quality, today announced its lineup of titles that will be published in 2020.
“As we head into 2020, millions of college students across the U.S. are faced with spending several hundreds of dollars or more each semester on their course materials — a confusing jumble of subscriptions, rentals, and outright purchases of both digital and print textbooks, along with homework access codes,” said Alastair Adam, Co-CEO of FlatWorld. “Over just the past few years, several thousand professors across the U.S. have switched to FlatWorld titles in an effort to save their students money without sacrificing the quality of their learning experience. As FlatWorld continues to grow, we’re committed to expanding our catalog with peer-reviewed books across all academic subjects, and offering these books at prices students can afford.”
FlatWorld’s catalog currently features over 140 titles across more than 20 academic subjects. FlatWorld’s textbooks cost between $24.95 and $39.95 for digital access, which includes FlatWorld Homework and instructor supplements.
New or revised titles recently published or available during the 2020 spring semester include:
- American Government and Politics in the Information Age, Version 4.0, by David L. Paletz, Diana Owen, and Timothy E. Cook
- Biopsychology: Fundamentals and Contemporary Issues, Version 1.0, by Martin S. Shapiro
- Data Analytics using Microsoft® Excel®: with Accounting and Finance Data Sets, Version 2.0, by Joseph M. Manzo
- Financial Accounting, Version 3.0, by Joe Ben Hoyle, C.J. Skender, and Leah Kratz
- General Chemistry: Principles, Patterns, and Applications, Version 2.0, by Bruce Averill and Patricia Eldredge
- Global Business Management, Version 1.0, by Sanjyot P. Dunung
- Information Systems: A Manager’s Guide to Harnessing Technology, Version 8.0, by John Gallaugher
- Managerial Finance, Version 1.0, by Amy K. S. Scott and Bradley C. Barnhorst
- Our Communication, Our World: An Introduction to Communication Studies, Version 1.0, by Richard G. Jones, Jr.
- Sexuality and Our Diversity: Integrating Culture with the Biopsychosocial, Version 2.0, by Marcus Tye
Titles that will be available before the end of the 2020 fall semester include:
- A New Entrepreneurial Dynamic: 21st Century Startups and Small Businesses, Version 1.0, by Greg Autry
- Effective Business Communication, Version 3.0, by Scott McLean
College Success, Version 3.0, by Bruce Beiderwell, Tom Lochhaas, and Nicholas DeKanter
- Economic Analysis of Social Issues, Version 2.0, by Alan Grant
- Exploring Business, Version 4.0, by Karen Collins
- Exploring Intercultural Communication, Version 2.0, by Scott McLean
- Human Relations: Career, Relationships, and You, Version 3.0, by Laura Portolese
- Intermediate Algebra, Version 2.0, by John Redden
- Introduction to Psychology, Version 4.0, by Charles Stangor
- Managerial Accounting, Version 3.0, Kurt Heisinger and Joe Ben Hoyle
- Mastering Human Resource Management, Version 1.0, by Derek Crews
- Principles of Economics, Version 9.0, by John B. Taylor and Akila Weerapana
- Principles of Macroeconomics, Version 9.0, by John B. Taylor and Akila Weerapana
- Principles of Microeconomics, Version 9.0, by John B. Taylor and Akila Weerapana
- Public Speaking: The Inside Word, Version 1.0, by Constance Staley
- Social Problems: Continuity and Change, Version 2.0, by Steven E. Barkan
FlatWorld’s high-quality, affordable textbooks are now used by thousands of professors at more than 1,500 institutions across the United States. To browse FlatWorld’s catalog, visit www.flatworld.com/browse_catalog.
FlatWorld publishes affordable, high-quality learning materials, including both digital and print textbooks, and a robust online homework platform. Thousands of faculty members at universities across the U.S. and Canada, and around the world, have adopted a FlatWorld textbook. Learn more at www.flatworld.com.