The Art of Leadership and SupervisionVersion 1.1
By Laura Portolese, Phil Upperman, and Bob Trumpy
- 50 embedded videos provide professional insights and examples of real-life management and supervisory situations to enrich online courses and better engage students.
- Over 200 hyperlinks to additional videos and web-based resources connect with students and expand online learning opportunities.
- Chapter-opening examples and chapter-ending cases with discussion questions reveal real-life situations most leaders face at one time or another.
- End-of-section self-assessments help learners better understand themselves as a first step to becoming more effective leaders.
- “Additional Perspectives” sections address leadership diversity.
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Foundations of Leadership, Introduction to Supervision, Introduction to Leadership, Educational Leadership, and Corporate or Business Leadership
The Art of Leadership and Supervision presents an integrated overview of leadership, management, and supervision that is balanced between academic and applied perspectives. This integrated approach, combined with plentiful self assessments and situational examples, guides students to a better understanding of their own strengths as leaders and helps them uncover areas for improvement.
New in This Version
- New or updated reasearch, examples, and cases.
- Refreshed video content.
- Content revised throughout to aid in student comprehension.
The Instructor’s Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
6/18/20: Preface Instructional Concept image was updated to better reflect the current version of the book.