Financial AccountingVersion 3.0
By Joe Ben Hoyle, C.J. Skender, and Leah Kratz
This book is available with FlatWorld's Homework System at no additional cost to your students. Learn more
- Employs carefully constructed headings phrased as questions to stimulate critical thinking skills and cover standard topics in a logical sequence.
- Over 65 embedded, author-recorded videos lend a professional, engaging enhancement to online courses. Each chapter is introduced by a short video, additional videos explain key topics, and chapter-end video summaries that encourage students to prioritize what they have learned in the form of a “top-five” list.
- Over 70 hyperlinks to additional videos and other web-based resources enhance online courses.
- Periodic multiple-choice (“Test Yourself”) questions integrated throughout encourage learners to pause and confirm they are understanding the material.
- Each chapter includes a discussion with a successful investment analyst to provide an open and honest assessment of a key topic based on a real-world perspective.
- Periodic interviews with a partner from a large, international accounting firm provide insights into how international practices may influence U.S. standards and procedures.
- Self-study PowerPoint-based slides are keyed to discrete chapter sections and reinforce material just read. Embedded audio files further enrich the online study experience. Can be uploaded to online courses, downloaded and distributed, or printed.
- Online FlatWorld Homework system includes item variations and complex accounting problems.
Financial Accounting, Version 3.0 is suitable financial accounting courses at the undergraduate or MBA level.
Financial Accounting leverages an effective question-and-answer format to structure the narrative and engage students in a practical, inquiry-based form of learning. Carefully developed to follow the standard scope and sequence of the typical financial accounting course, this textbook encourages students to think like accountants, rather than simply memorize operations. Learners are exposed to the basic principles of financial accounting while also developing an appreciation for its importance and logic so they can make prudent business decisions.
New in This Version
- New chapter-opening videos recorded by new coauthor, Leah Kratz.
- Many of the real-world case examples that bring the book to life are refreshed or replaced.
- Revised and increased the number of end-of-chapter items, culled dated questions, and generally upgraded item quality.
- Updated coverage conforms to changes in the U.S. GAAP (e.g. revenue recognition, lease accounting, and equity marketable securities held for sale).
FlatWorld Homework includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system.
Request a demo
The Instructor’s Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
More than simple flash cards, adopters can download and share this robust study aid with students. These slides are keyed to discrete chapter sections and reinforce material just read. Many slides feature embedded audio files to further enhance the online study experience. These flash cards can be printed and used in paper form as well.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
The following corrections have been made and are reflected in the online reader.
Chapter 3, section 5, Multiple-Choice Question 28:
28. Giles Corporation borrowed $675,000 from Midwest Bank during the year. In which section will this event be reported on Giles’s statement of cash flows?
It would not be reported on the statement of cash flows
Chapter 3, Section 5, Problems, Question 23 Table has been updated:
Note Payable Due Two Years from Now (Loan from Mom)
Capital Stock (Money You Invested to Start Business)
Retained Earnings, 12/31