Exploring Intercultural CommunicationVersion 2.0 By: Scott McLean
- Examines communication, culture, and their interaction in practical, real-world contexts.
- Provides relevant background for content presented and highlights key theories.
- Each chapter is structured around several supportive learning components:
- An interactive “Introduction” engages readers at the beginning of each chapter.
- “Introductory Exercises” set the stage for topics to be presented in the coming chapter.
- The “Key Term Preview” feature familiarizes students with key concepts and terminology before reading the chapter so they better understand and retain information.
- Key terms highlight important concepts and terminology throughout the text.
- “Learning Objectives” at the beginning of each main section help guide and focus students’ learning.
- A brief, paragraph-long “Conclusion” at the end of each main section encourages retention.
- “Key Takeaways” at the end of every main section echo and reinforce the section’s “Learning Objectives.”
- “Exercises” at the end of each main section promote deeper learning and retention of new concepts by stimulating critical analysis.
- “Discussion Starters” in every chapter help engage readers.
- “Additional Resources” at the end of every chapter provide links to rich resources for extending and enhancing learning.
- Videos embedded throughout the text provide useful context and interest.
Exploring Intercultural Communication is suitable for courses such as intercultural communication, communication between cultures, or similar topics taught at the undergraduate and graduate levels at both two- and four-year colleges and universities.
Exploring Intercultural Communication provides a comprehensive, integrated approach to the study and application of intercultural communication principles. It covers both formal and informal communications between customers, clients, friends, family, colleagues, and team members. The book presents cross-cultural research findings on how daily interactions impact individuals’ relationships and careers. Exploring Intercultural Communication explores how communication and culture intersect in real-world contexts to demonstrate the complex yet understandable nature of intercultural communication. Students will learn how to constructively apply the strategies presented in this text to become more effective communicators across cultures.
Version 2.0 of Exploring Intercultural Communication features over 120 updates to modernize the book's content, including updates to many of the book's sectionn headings. This version of the text also incorporates "Discussion Starters" in every chapter to engage readers and make the book more online-friendly.
All Instructor Supplements will be available by April 30, 2020.Homework System for this title will be live by April 30, 2020.
Chapter 1: Introducing Intercultural Communication
Chapter 2: Why Don’t We All See Things the Same Way?
Chapter 3: Intercultural and International Communication
Chapter 4: Relationships, Culture, and Conflict
Chapter 5: Verbal Communication across Cultures
Chapter 6: Nonverbal Communication across Cultures
Chapter 7: Intercultural Communication, Popular Culture, and Social Change
Chapter 8: Social Media and Intercultural Communication
Chapter 9: Intercultural Communication across Contexts
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
All Instructor Supplements will be available by April 30, 2020.
Homework System for this title will be live by April 30, 2020.
The Instructor Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.