Principles of MicroeconomicsVersion 8.0 By: John B. Taylor and Akila Weerapana
This book is available with FlatWorld's Homework System at no additional cost to your students. Learn more
- Stimulating vignettes at the beginning of each chapter.
- Carefully-selected problems that have been revised and tested for this version. An ample supply of these problems appears at the end of every chapter and appendix. Some will ask the reader to work out examples; others require a more critical thinking approach.
- Questions for review at the end of every chapter. These questions help test recall and require short answers. They can be used for oral review or as a quick self-check.
- Brief reviews at the end of each major section that summarize the key points in abbreviated form. They are useful for preliminary skimming as well as for review.
- Key terms with definitions appear in the margins or are hyperlinked online.
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: both semester-long or quarter-long Introductory Microeconomics and Principles of Microeconomics.
This market-leading textbook presents modern economics in a form that’s intuitive, relevant, and memorable to students with no prior exposure to the subject. Taylor and Weerapana have recent and extensive classroom-based experiences, which is seen through their engaging real-world examples. The textbook provides clear explanations of why markets are efficient when the incentives are right and inefficient when the incentives are wrong; and outlines examples of economics choices that students actually face. Version 8.0 gives special attention to key policy questions about the role of the government that are being debated today.
- Now published by FlatWorld at an affordable price in print and digital formats suited to today’s students.
- Updated data and content bring coverage of microeconomics through 2017.
FlatWorld Homework includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system.
Request a demo
The Instructor Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here