Communication in the Real WorldVersion 2.0 By: Richard G. Jones Jr.
This book is available with FlatWorld's Homework System at no additional cost to your students. Learn more
- Integrative learning connects student’s experiences to the text.
- Concrete and relevant examples that refer to diverse relationships such as family, friends, co-workers, and romantic relationships, and communication contexts such as interpersonal, organizational, academic, mediated, and civic.
- Getting Real boxes include “real-life” examples of communication concepts in action.
- Getting Competent boxes present real or hypothetical scenarios similar to case studies that will allow students to apply concepts from the chapter.
- Getting Plugged In boxes highlight technology on a variety of fronts including: the Internet, e-mail, text messaging, blogging, social media, and mass media.
- Getting Critical boxes enhance critical thinking and invite student reflection.
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Speech Communication, Introduction to Speech Communication, Communication Studies, or Hybrid Communication.
Communication in the Real World by Richard G. Jones, Jr. overviews the time-tested conceptual foundations of the field, while incorporating the latest research and applications of these basics. Each chapter includes timely, concrete, and real-life examples of communication concepts in action. Jones engages students with a conversational tone while still including key theories and concepts that will challenge students to think about communication in new ways. References to current events and hypothetical examples also challenge students to think critically about communication ethics. This textbook is suitable for the speech and communication courses that are a combination (or hybrid) of basic communication courses (e.g., interpersonal, group, public speaking). It is appropriate for majors and non-majors.
FlatWorld Homework includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system.
Request a demo
The Instructor Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here