Own Your Perspective: A Concise Exploration into Content and FormVersion 2.0 By: Randall Fallows and Tamar Christensen
- AXES model (assertions, examples, explanations, and significance) is easily applied.
- Exercises and heuristics throughout.
- Discussions about both traditional thesis-driven essays, as well as creative nonfiction.
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Freshman Composition and Advanced Composition.
Randall Fallows and Tamar Christensen wrote Own Your Perspective to help give students a better understanding of how to discover, develop, and revise an analytical essay. This title is an update of Exploring Perspectives: A Concise Guide to Analysis. The text has been revised to include more diverse examples and to integrate the use of research more accurately. Using the AXES model (assertions, examples, explanations, and significance), the authors encourage students to engage in more thoughtful thinking and explore the subject of their analysis in order to elicit a substantial and significant response.
- Added Chapter 5: Alternative Forms of Analysis to focus on analyzing subjects utilizing creative nonfiction.
- Expanded discussion of how to read a subject critically.
- New information about how and when to consult sources.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here