Email Marketing Manager
About the job
Adoption of FlatWorld’s affordable, high-quality textbooks and online educational products has grown tremendously over the last six years. We want you to join our team so we can further extend our help for professors with their teaching and college students with their education. We’re looking for a driven Email Marketing Manager to expand our digital marketing program. This role works in collaboration with leadership to establish advanced scalable campaign strategies, robust audience and message segmentation, automation initiatives that drive efficiencies, and detailed reporting to deliver insights and learnings.
About the team
We are a small, remote, nimble team, supporting each other through collaboration to better our online marketing practices through iterative approaches in alignment with organizational strategy. Our structure allows individuals to work independently while collaborating where needed and ensuring alignment. We listen carefully to others and treat our team, peers, and customers with respect.
You will be a good fit for this role if you’re enthusiastic about the prospect of building and optimizing an email program for success. You’re an experienced dynamic email marketer, adept at using a sophisticated email marketing platform, ideally Pardot and Salesforce, with a focus on lead generation; you’re able to pay attention to detail; have highly developed project management skills; a disciplined and organized approach to email communications; and excellent communication skills. You’re also able to measure, adjust, and apply learnings focused on the long-term success of the program. Ideally, you also have experience in social media marketing, and come with skills in copy creation and design.
Campaign creation & management
- Collaborate to define campaign strategies and modified approaches to marketing activity
- Manage multiple email marketing campaigns including list preparation, segmentation, dynamic content creation, set-up, testing, deployment, reporting, automation, and optimization to ensure seamless execution
- Manage the email database with the ability to segment and create highly targeted emails and messaging campaigns
- Maintain audience lists that are compliant with US Can-Spam, California Consumer Privacy Act, and Canadian CASL laws
- Maintain the marketing communication calendar
- Run social media accounts and be responsible for social advertising activity
Reporting & insights
- Provide in-depth analytic reports to leadership and key stakeholders; highlight successful outcomes as well as opportunities to improve
- Run A/B tests in a systematic way to drive insights for our design and content teams
- Be the company expert for Pardot and its relationship to Salesforce, and serve as the main point of contact for managing vendor relations associated with all email functions
- Constantly explore new methods to grow and append the data
- 4+ years of email marketing experience, lead generation experience preferred
- Ideally, 2+ years of direct experience with Pardot and Salesforce
- A proven history of success in building advanced email marketing strategies to include but not limited to audience segmentation, dynamic content, automated behavioral responsive campaigns, and client journey mapping
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is preferred
Skills & abilities
- Ability to both adapt to and manage changing priorities independently
- Ability to understand complex marketing data, build reports, and summarize the data in a meaningful way for stakeholders across the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to write effective marketing copy is preferred
About the company
FlatWorld publishes high-quality college textbooks at prices students can actually afford. Our business has thrived by supporting both teachers and students through our technology platforms, like our online homework platform.
FlatWorld embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
How to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.